Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Ram for Winter, Chemical Free Living

Tomorrow I will be able to pick up my ram meat from the processor! The sheep rancher from which I buy lamb and mutton had a ram that "needed to go away" so I was happy to help out. He was big, so should yield around 90 lbs finished meat. I am hoping it all fits in my regular refrigerator freezer, because I sold my chest freezer. That should get me through the winter.

I have also really been enjoying goat meat lately from a nice halal market in the big city. It is so delicious and tender, cooked on low for six hours in my mini slow cooker. And many of the pieces have marrow fat in the bones, so that's great! This goat meat is less fatty than lamb, but still fattier than beef, so ideal for me. I have even been able to drink the juices! Mm Mm.

In other news, I am really doing well lately (knock on wood) steering clear of all chemicals in my toiletries and cleaning. I am using highly diluted white vinegar for my hair (works better than anything else I have ever used!) And for washing glass and dishes. I am using Bon Ami or sodium percarbonate for cleaning porcelain surfaces. I have started using diluted vinegar or local goat milk soap for my laundry.

I have been using local goat milk soap for body and hands, and lanolin for moisturizer. I gave up hennaing or dyeing my hair with ochre. I am just letting it be natural. I am caring for it with a lovely sandalwood wide tooth comb and tying it up in a silk scarf at night.

I use plain baking soda for tooth powder and I found a plain unwaxed, non flavored dental floss.

The only chemical I use now is contact lens solution.

All of my clothes and linens are 100% natural fibers now. Wool, silk, or cotton. And just 100% natural leather shoes with leather soles. All are very breathable so I don't need to use any deodorant or antiperspirant, and do not smell. It feels really good to be all natural!

I have really been enjoying walking to work. It is a pleasant and beautiful walk, 1.5 miles each direction. A nice, contemplative and quiet workout every day!

##





Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts