Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Carnivory is my Lifeline

Four years as a carnivore! What a difference in my life, having suffered with Crohn's disease from as far back as my earliest memories! I feel like a totally different person. For one, I weigh 25 pounds less (20% less) than I did the whole rest of my adult life. And I have maintained that easily for four years. 14-15% bodyfat as a 48 year old female, I am very happy with that.

For another, my gut is blessedly _normal_. As long as I stick with mutton and goat, and don't eat the visible fat, I do just fine. I can handle beef, but it is not as delectable or succulent. I do avoid pork, dairy, poultry, and eggs. And of course plant matter, including all spices.

I generally avoid salt too. For one, it often contains additives, for another, I just don't feel the need for it, with the great flavor of mutton and goat. Plus it can mess up my gut a little (especially when there are additives) and make me too thirsty.

I only drink water: tap water and plain seltzer water. Sometimes a diluted quarter shot of plain vodka. That's it.

I don't "exercise" per se, but I walk a mile and a half to work on weekdays. 

When I order myself blood, hormone, or cardiovascular panels, all my parameters are (knock on wood) very healthy. As a carnivore, I do run a little low in body temperature, blood pressure, and pulse. My LDL is very high, but that is to be expected as I have genetically diagnosed familial hypercholesterolemia. And my heart and cardiovascular scans are excellent, so I am not concerned.

It is really, really wonderful to have gained my life back. After having tried every diet out there, and probiotics, and everything else people tell you to do. They are all wrong. Carnivore just works! No doctor, no supplements, no medicine. So easy. 

I also think carnivore has helped normalize my moods. I don't get menstrual pain at all anymore, when it used to be so debilitating. I am so much more level-headed now too. And independent. It is a great feeling.

My cat has been zero carb for over a year now too. He just got his yearly vaccines and the vet was so impressed with his health. My cat lost weight easily, as I did. He was an overweight 14 lbs and is now 11, so also 20% lighter!

A male friend has been carnivore a for the last 9 months, and he has list 60 pounds, 25% lighter than he was!

I am just so grateful to have found the carnivore diet. It has been a life saver.

## 

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts