Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Fresh Goat Meat, Chemical Free Living

I have really been enjoying goat meat lately. I found it at a halal market. I have a small halal market close to me, but that one has just frozen meats. The last few days I have been enjoying fresh goat meat, cut to order, from a larger halal market in the big city.

I really enjoy the goat. It tastes great and it is very tender. It is less fatty than lamb. Which for me is good.  The fat gives me intestinal cramping and diarrhea. 

The butcher said that the meat I just got yesterday actually is kid. So it is younger than goat. It is great. I feel like it is really agreeing with me, knock on wood.

I had to do some digging in nutritional databases from across the world because Cronometer didn't have a full nutrition index for goat. So I created a new index with all of the nutrient information. It is a very nutritious meat, in addition to being delicious, and environmentally sustainable. 

I have been doing some tanning for vitamin D (not for skin darkening) for the winter. I signed up for a session package. I plan on doing it twice a week. I am doing the stand up tanner. I feel like that does a better job of getting all around the body. It feels great!

In my chemical free news, in addition to no longer hennaing or ochreing my hair, and washing with just diluted white vinegar, I also have been using a nighttime silk scarf wrap to protect my hair. It works great! And even allows me to skip a day of washing if I want. So that is great! Looking forward to healthier, thicker hair as it grows out over the next year.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts