Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Carnivore and Low-Residue Diet; Limited Budget

I am thinking more about the "low-residue" diet, which reduces the size of the stool to ease pressure on the colon. It helps for colitis, obstructions, and other flare-ups. A carnivore diet is actually very much a "low-residue" diet!

But unlike carnivore diet, in addition to avoiding fiber, the low-residue diet also recommends to avoid fatty foods and limit dairy. Certain ways of cooking are recommended over others, such as steaming, stewing, or poaching rather than frying, grilling, or broiling, not only to avoid excess fat, but also avoiding drying out the meat too.

I am going to try to do a low-residue version of carnivore. I am going to avoid really fatty cuts and try to cook my meats in a way to avoid too much fat but also avoid drying out the meat. I will probably continue to use my slow-cooker and drain off all the fat.

Also, as of next month, I have now hit early retirement! So I need to be very careful with my food budget. Unfortunately I have had to change plans. I was planning on eating mostly grass-fed beef organ meats since they are cheaper than other cuts and I enjoy them. But the organ meats are too lean and were causing problems like foot cramps. Another problem is the local grass-fed beef ranchers are very low in stock in other cuts besides organ meats that are still affordable. Hopefully I can find a happy medium. I might be able to continue using the organ meats, just stretch out the time between the really low fat cuts like tendon, and just be really careful about trimming and avoiding fat too.

 ##





Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts