Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Dairy Still "Sticking" Around, Successful Travel Foods

It really seems to take quite a while to purge dairy from one's system! I haven't had dairy for seven days now, but my bodyfat still hasn't budged very much, even with skipping dinner all week and so reducing 300 calories per day! My keratosis pilaris is improved, but still not back where it was just seven weeks ago, pre-dairy!

I am really amazed at how long it takes to rid oneself of just six weeks of raw, grassfed, A2 cream! Lesson learned! Dairy really "sticks" around!

I am happy to report that my travel foods worked perfectly! I brought pre-cooked and pre-salted sweetbreads, ground lamb meatballs, and sliced beef tongue, since those cuts don't need added fat. I pre-portioned them out in small tupperware containers and then packed them with ice packs. I was able to just eat them cold, without reheating, and they were great! I brought a little lunch pack with ice packs for our full day conferences. Worked great! When we finally arrived at the hotel in the evening, I asked them to put my ice packs in their freezer, and I put my foods in the mini-fridge in the room. It really worked out well.

I will continue to skip dinner until I get back down to my pre-dairy bodyfat level. Hopefully it won't take too much longer!

The good thing is that being in ketosis makes skipping dinner so easy! No hunger whatsoever! Not even the next morning! Amazing! I really like that feeling of control! If I had been back in my sugar-burner days, I would be soooo irritable and hungry if I skipped dinner! Ketosis is great!

Grassfed oxtail with smoked salt



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts