Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Iodine Part II

I really think that I have been low in iodine for at least a year, if not more! I think that is why the last year I gained around 5 pounds unexpectedly, and had other low iodine symptoms such as fainting, depression, dry skin, irregular menses, fatigue, and low blood thyroid levels. I chalked it all up to perimenopause, but now I wonder if it might be actually low iodine!

I noticed this when I ate some iodized salt the other day and lost weight. So yesterday, I ate a little iodized salt (but the dextrose in it bothered my gut), then put some iodine tincture on my skin. This morning I had dropped weight again! So that is great! I am going to continue putting iodine tincture on my skin daily, and also try to get some wild caught saltwater seafood too.

I read that it is possible to get iodine from the salt air at the beach too. Hmmm! Perhaps a beach vacation is in order!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts