Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Envy or Health?

Sometimes when I am socializing and my companions are eating items that I know I can't (because they will aggravate my gut), I feel a mad streak of envy.

Then my brain kicks into gear, and I realize some really important things.

I have chosen to be healthy. I want my gut to function properly, and all parameters of my health to be optimum! Excellent blood glucose, blood pressure, complete blood count, heart scan, trivascular scan, healthy skin, hair, nails, digestion, level-mindedness, focus, low bodyfat, no need for supplements or pharmaceuticals of any kind at all!

Plus, I think back on times when I have cheated and eaten things that I knew would aggravate my gut, and I regretted it every time. The foods are not as good as I remembered. The sweets are just way too disgustingly sweet! And the savory items are usually just really garlicky. Then there's the gut repercussions later!

So I just have to realize, I am making a choice here to be healthy. Other people can do what they want. But I have to inhabit this body! And it's not like I'm making any huge sacrifices. My food is really, really, amazing. Simple, easy, and bursting with flavor and nutrition!

So then I can sit back and not only appreciate what I have, but truly enjoy it and be thankful for it!


Grassfed beef brisket with sea salt flakes





Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts