Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Artificial Flavoring: Strange Effects on Ketones!

Normally I drink plain, unflavored seltzer water. I don't use natural flavorings because they interfere with my gut. But I was seeking a change of pace the other day, so I thought I might try artificial flavoring. I found some with the only ingredients being artificial flavoring, artificial color, and propylene glycol.

I've had a lot of strange effects from it!!

Most strikingly, my ketones went through the roof! Normally my blood ketones are around 2.9 or so. But they went up to 6.0!! My fasting blood glucose also lowered considerably, from my usual of around 69 to 59!

You'd think those were good effects, but then I've had bad effects as well! My bodyfat and weight both gave gone up, despite actually lowering calories and increasing exercise because I have been trying to get "ripped". I've noticed some ankle swelling too!

Isn't that the strangest thing? I am going to stop using it and hopefully everything will get back to normal, and I can continue my quest to get "ripped"!

Grassfed beef heart with reserved fat and smoked salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts