Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Is There One Human Diet?

There's a good presentation by the late Barry Groves on "Homo Carnivorous", which can be found here: http://files.meetup.com/1463924/Homo%20Carnivorous-WAPF2.pdf.

In it, he suggests that just as lions all have one diet, so should humans. Which does make sense!

However, we know certain people have trouble digesting fats or meats for various reasons. So although a zero carb ketogenic diet might really be the closest thing to a universal diet for homo sapiens, there are some people that might not flourish on it.

I do think that we should pay attention to the signals that our body sends out. Pains, discomfort, confusion, forgetfulness, acne, digestive problems, swelling, stubborn bodyfat, these are all signs that something is not right.

We can also use some simple, non-invasive tracking methods, such as blood pressure, and blood glucose meters (but NOT cholesterol tests, which are meaningless in my opinion except for HDL).

I also think that our needs change over time. What we can eat when we are young and have a super high metabolism may be different than what we need when we are old.

I also believe strongly that when doing zero carb keto, it is important to eat organ meats, marrow, and unrefined salt. They contain micronutrients and antioxidants that are irreplaceable! I enjoy liver, heart, and sweetbreads often. Lamb liver is especially nutrient dense and amazing tasting! Beef marrow from 100% grassfed and grass-finished cattle is an incredible fuel source. I can almost feel my body light up when I take a bite! And salt allows for good digestion in addition to keeping an important electrolyte balance.

Anyway, I think the main thing for me, is to stay aware of my body's signals, and take responsibility for my own health!

Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt flakes



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts