Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Calorie Restriction Versus Intermittent Fasting

I was reading a blog post about how intermittent fasting is better than calorie restriction. I think their theory was that when you restrict calories, your metabolism slows down. Which they perceived as a bad thing.

From what I've read about calorie restriction studies, it is true that it does slow down the metabolism. However, that seems to be a good thing, because it allows the body to run at a lower temperature, and hence one can live a longer and higher quality life.

I am not sure if intermittent fasting works the same way. I suppose it would, if the calorie intake was still lower than totally free eating.

I basically do a combination of both. I am currently doing about 25% calorie restriction based on calculators such as this one: http://scientificpsychic.com/health/cron1.html.  I also only eat at 5am, 12pm, and 5pm. So I'm doing a 12 hour fast at nights.

I also think that generally people err on the side of eating too much, rather than too little. We can really function on a lot less calories than we think!

Also, I purchased a whole lamb share yesterday! It fit just fine in my freezer. My estimate is that it should last me two months, which makes my grocery bill extremely low! The great thing about lamb meat is that it is fatty enough on its own, that it needs no additional fats on the side to maintain a ketogenic ratio. So this should be great!

Steppe Tundra


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts