Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

The Calorie Restricted Life

I've been following calorie restriction for over a year now solidly, and on and off before that for many years as well. Research seems to show that it is equivalent to intermittent fasting in terms of increasing longevity and overall health. When used along with a ketogenic diet, it is supposed to be very therapeutic for many diseases.

One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely far easier to restrict calories on a ketogenic diet than a diet with carbs!

The ketogenic diet, being so high in fats, is very satiating. Whereas a diet high in carbs instead, makes one just get hungrier and hungrier. Plus there's the blood sugar spikes and crashes!

There's a lot to actually like about calorie restriction, believe it or not! For one, it seems to be very good for my digestion. I tend to have three meals a day with no snacking in between. My meals are very small and extremely nutrient and calorie dense. So just a few bites of fatty meat! It makes for easy food preparation and quick eating. No bloated feeling after eating!

Also, calorie restriction makes my body feel light overall. It has been very helpful for keeping my bodyfat low (between 14-15%, female). I'm trying for even lower still, to get to the "cut" stage for muscle definition.

I also feel like calorie restriction is part of our human ancestry. We had feast and famine. We should be comfortable with eating small amounts of food.

Also, it definitely makes you appreciate each bite, since I get so few bites per day! I can't waste calories on anything! Every bite I eat has to be packed full of nutrients to be worth spending the calories!

Pasture-raised chicken eggs with beef marrow and sea salt crystals






Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts