Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Time is Precious

A friend passed away yesterday from a glioblastoma brain tumor, which is what took my mother's life as well.

It is a very aggressive, fast-acting type of cancer.

It acts so quickly, that it almost feels like they are here one day, gone the next.

We just never know how much time we have. I feel that we should value our time more than we do. Not waste a moment!

For me, I want more freedom in my life. I want to be able to spend my waking hours outside, enjoying the sun and rain on my skin, the sounds of birdsong, scents of sassafras trees and honeysuckle, feel the ground under my feet.

I feel like part of me has died away because I am imprisoned inside all day, like my poor cat who used to be an outdoor cat and is now stuck inside. He has become depressed and it is noticeable. I feel just like him. I am imprisoned as well, stuck inside a motorized vehicle or a building all day long, when I should be out in nature, enjoying what time I have, however much that is!

I also think that this has been happening for so many years now, that an important part of me has emaciated, that is, my ability to nurture, to appreciate life despite everything. I need to nurture my nurturing! Hopefully it can come back. But it might be gone forever. Like thymus.

Young animals have a thymus (sweetbreads), but as they are weaned off of milk, it starts to diminish and within a year or two is completely gone. Hopefully my ability to nurture, to fully appreciate life, my "sweetbreads", are not gone forever as well! I will try to work on ways to spend more time outside, enjoy life more. Time is precious!

Grassfed beef sweetbreads with sea salt






Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts