Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Dairy-free Update

I have written previously about my brief experiment with dairy. All of my local farmers had run short of marrow bones and fatty cuts, so I thought I might try making my own clotted cream from their 100% grassfed, A2 casein, raw cream. It was delicious and beautifully golden, however, it caused my keratosis pilaris to flare up terribly, and also caused me gut issues after a while too. So I gave it up!

It's been just about three weeks off of dairy now, and finally, my skin has returned to its normal smooth state. I can't believe how long it took to recover! And I had only been on dairy for 6 weeks! So it took half the time I had been using it, to finally purge it from my system. I guess that goes to show how inflammatory some foods can be and we don't even realize it!

Luckily, I think I have found another way to keep my fridge stocked with good grassfed animal fats. I have expanded my "keto cuts" repertoire to include lamb, beef brisket, tongue, oxtail, sweetbreads, and loin. I'm also reserving the fats when I cook items in the crock-pot and using that as supplemental fat on the side when needed. Then, I also ordered a lot of 100% grassfed marrow bones online which I have stockpiled in the freezer in case I should need them!

I also wanted to confirm again that menses does affect ketone levels (and blood glucose levels). Again through my last menses, my ketone levels went down and my fasting glucose levels went up, not terribly, but noticeably, even though my foods were exactly the same, eaten at the same times, and my exercise levels were the same. So that's something to keep in mind for the zero-carb menstruating females out there!

Grassfed beef brisket with sea salt flakes


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts