Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Freedom

I was realizing that although I follow such a seemingly restricted diet, and I also practice calorie restriction, I do not feel deprived or restricted at all.

When I see all the sugary, starchy, and plant matter foods that everyone else is eating, it is not something that I crave at all. In fact, I kind of think of them as poison. At least, that is basically what they are to me! 

This way of eating actually feels very freeing, unlike all the other ways of eating (vegan, FODMAP, Paleo, etc) that I have tried. My gut is so healthy now. I think back to my whole childhood and adult life prior to zero carb keto, with a bloated gut, constipation, cystic acne, keratosis pilaris. It is just incredible what a great change this has been!

I was also thinking about food freedom. I came across a few articles yesterday that were very thought provoking. This article is a request for donations from the Oglala Lakota Tribe to help them build a meat processing building so that they can have food sovereignty again, and renew their ancient connection with bison. I checked their website and they did finally get the building finished. What a wonderful way for them to be able to raise and process their own food, reconnect with their ancient traditions, prevent hunger, and be healthy! I really enjoyed the video:

On the opposite end of the food freedom spectrum, I came across these article bringing up the possibility of a "meat tax"!! And the purported reasons for it (greenhouse gases, obesity, antiobiotic resistance, soil depletion, food and water security) are completely backwards when talking about grassfed meats:
Hopefully their terrible idea will be debunked!

I am thinking more and more about the Lakota tribe and their bison. I have enjoyed bison before, ordering from Wild Idea Buffalo and Northstar, who both use humane field harvesting. I do appreciate the field harvesting. However, bison meat is awfully lean, and also expensive. Then there is the transportation as well. I do have a local bison farmer, but they feed with grain and do not practice field harvesting. I could search around some more to see what else I can find! I do like the idea of more "wild" meats, allowing the animals more freedom themselves!


Grassfed lamb chop with sea salt



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts