Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Leftovers

Zero Carb Keto


Leftovers


It seems that many zero carbers just fry up beef ribeye steaks in butter for meals. I do my meals differently. I get whole locally raised grassfed lamb shares, and request mostly roasts (besides the offal). I cook the roasts whole in an empty slow cooker for 12 hours, and then refrigerate the leftovers in glass containers.

I reheat my roughly 100g leftover portions in the toaster oven, which browns the fat and heats the meat through much more evenly than a microwave oven. Same with the succulent lamb stew meat!

Organ meats and offal are a little different in texture. I still cook tongue, heart, and oxtail in the slow cooker and reheat the same way as roasts. But sweetbreads, liver, kidneys, and testes require different techniques.

I like to parboil sweetbreads, tear off the membrane, then roast in the toaster oven till brown. I refrigerate the leftovers and reheat them in the toaster oven as well. Kidneys and testes are cooked much the same way.

Beef and lamb liver can just be cooked on a tray in the toaster oven. I really like to eat the leftovers cold right out of the fridge. It is just like pate'!

I never use any additional fats when cooking. And I only add additional fat on the side when eating if the meat is very lean. Typically I use a bite of cold bone marrow fat for that!

But most lamb meat is fatty enough that no added fat is ever needed!


grassfed lamb stew meat with sea salt

Grassfed lamb stew meat with sea salt





Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts