Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Best Health for Body, Gut, and Brain

Keto Carnivory

Best Health for Body, Gut, and Brain

When I eat foods that bother my gut, I usually also suffer with other symptoms as well in my body and/or my brain. For example, when I eat plant matter, in addition to the gut issues, I also get very depressed and angry or weepy. The same thing happens with dairy, and also it aggravates my keratosis pilaris (bumpy skin). Those are foods for which I have an intolerance. I actually confirmed a slight casein intolerance with peptide testing.

There are other foods which are just inflammatory for me, but for which I do not have an intolerance, such as pork and poultry. I can eat them without gut issues, but they seem to cause inflammation in various ways. Pork especially seems to raise my triglycerides, blood pressure, and cause fast weight gain and water retention. And that happens even with really high quality pasture-raised pork from local farmers. I think it is because pork and poultry are fed grains.

I definitely do best in body, gut, and brain with sticking to good, fatty, grass-finished lamb, mutton, and beef, and occasionally wild-caught, fatty fish like mackerel!

I have two whole grass-finished lamb shares coming this Saturday. Just in time, as I finish up my whole sheep share cuts! And then next month, I might pick up some good fatty grass-finished beef from my favorite local farmer!

##




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts