Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Huge Haul for Winter!

Keto Carnivory

Huge Haul for Winter!

I just picked up my two whole local grass-finished lamb shares. They were big! It was 83 pounds, came to $6.60 per pound, not even including 15 packs of soup bones! That's fantastic! I got roasts, ribs, stew meat, shanks, organ meats, and the soup bones. I requested that they leave all the fat on the cuts. They look great. I'm super excited! 

I decided against doing steaks, chops, or ground. Roasts are just so much better for my needs! I can throw the roast in an empty slow cooker overnight and then eat my through that for a few days, reheating it in the toaster oven. Amazing, fatty, succulent, delicious, and satisfying!

I have continued not using any salt. I am doing great without it, feeling really good! I think it was actually causing some digestive problems for me. I think possibly because I read that 90% of sea salt contains microplastics! But it could also be that I just have a really good electrolyte balance now in the cold weather and do not need it.

In addition to the two big lamb shares, I also got 4 packs of oxtail, which is one of my absolute favorite beef cuts. I am very excited about that! Got one pack thawing out already.

This all came to so much meat that my small chest freezer is completely full! Plus I still have a few roasts and stew meat from my full sheep share. So although a friend bought 18 pounds of this meat, I should be able to make this last till the Spring lambs are ready, hopefully, at least with buying some wild-caught fatty fish here and there too!

Looking forward to a tasty winter! I always get really excited about the organ meats and eat those first!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts