Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Spreading the Word

Keto Carnivory

Spreading the Word

I have decided to try and make more friends. And in the process of making new friends, I have been unintentionally spreading the word about carnivory!

It is interesting what most people's questions and preconceived thoughts are about carnivory. People seem to think fatty red meat is unhealthy, as opposed to my research showing that fatty grassfed red meat is actually the healthiest and most nutritious food on earth! Also, people think that eating fatty red meat is something for men, not women. And for big football players, not petite little ladies. Some people think that you need to take a bunch of supplements for necessary vitamins, and are very surprised to find out that red meat actually contains vitamin C and all the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that we need! Plus, purely grassfed red meat is the most beneficial type of food for environmental sustainability as well.

So who knows, maybe the more that people hear about carnivory, the more they might be willing to try it!

In other news, I have two whole lamb shares coming in two weeks, just in time! I also have some mangalitsa pork coming. It is a woolly pig from Hungary, whose meat is red like beef. The nutritional profile is more like beef as well, much lower in omega 6 fatty acids than other pork breeds. So I am looking forward to trying it! Although this farmer still does feed the pigs grain, which I don't like. Apparently some pig farmers in Europe just let them feed out in forests on acorns, and that is much healthier pork.

I am getting through my whole sheep share. It is delicious, but being partially grain-fed, it is not as flavorful as grass-finished. Plus when cleaning up the dishes, I can tell that the fat is not as healthy. It is a white, greasy type of fat, rather than the high vitamin A, yellow, waxy type of fat of grassfed animals. I think that makes a big difference in health! So I will continue to focus on grass-finished meats, for health and for the environment.

I have given up on using salt because I was having digestive problems from it. Knock on wood, that has solved it! I think this mutton has the perfect amount of electrolytes as is, so the added salt was too much.

I have also been more careful of not wearing constrictive clothing, which apparently can cause gut issues. Why did I never think of that? So jeans, belts, tights, leggings, anything constricting around the gut can cause problems. That also has worked well, although I have had to buy some different clothes!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts