Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Another Try at Pescetarian Carnivore

I am still recovering from the Crohn's attack I had a few days ago which caused me two blackouts and a concussion. I am trying to figure what could have triggered it. I hadn't eaten anything different. So I am stumped.

I read that high fat red meats and poultry can be a trigger, but fish should be safe.

So I am going to try pescetarian carnivore again, this time trying to make sure I eat enough fatty fish so I don't go hypothyroid like last time.

I bought some decently fatty fish at the local Asian grocery store. I wanted to find smaller ones, low in mercury. I got baby milkfish, yellow croaker, saury, mackerel, and anchovies. I also tried butterfish, which was delicious, but too pricey for me.

So far I really enjoy these fish. I am broiling them so the skins are crispy but the inside is succulent and juicy.

It is going to be more expensive than the $3-4 per pound for beef organ meats that I had been eating, but maybe this will be better for my Crohn's. I hope so. I feel like I am living in a minefield. I just don't know what is triggering flares and blacking out and getting concussions is very scary.

I got a bunch of tests done today and everything is good. So that is a relief. But nobody can tell me what is causing the flares or the blackouts.

Hopefully pescetarianism will solve it!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts