Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Piscivore is Delicious!

For the last two weeks now, I have been strictly fish-based carnivore (piscivore). It has been great! I really enjoy it. One thing I really like about it is how quickly my meals are ready! Previously I had been using my mini-slow cooker for lamb and beef servings, which took around 6 hours. But now I can take a thawed out fish, butterfly it, and be eating it in 7 minutes! With a nice crispy skin and flaky, juicy interior. So delicious!

I have been seeking out smaller-sized (so lower in mercury) fish that are higher in fat, such as saury (goodness they are good), milkfish, pompano, and yellow croaker. I have found all of these at my local Asian grocery store. It is the best place in town for seafood. Seafood offerings at the regular grocery stores are mostly pretty lean fish, which I don't want. I don't want to go hypothyroid!

For meals on the road or away from home, I found canned sardines and kippers packed in just water at the local health food store. 

My weight is three pounds higher than prior to piscivore diet. So that is weird. I was hoping it was from eating salt again, and would level back down to normal. But it hasn't. Oh well.

I switched to fish because I had a terrible, concussion-inducing Crohn's attack after eating my usual beef organ meat dinner. I read that fatty red meats can be a trigger for Crohn's, and that fish is usually safe. So I thought I'd give a fatty-fish-based carnivore diet a try for while. Knock on wood, so far so good.

##



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts