Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Fish-Based Carnivore for Crohn's

Since I had a terrible Crohn's attack last week causing me two blackouts and a concussion, I am trying fish-based carnivore.

My theory is that ruminant fat (or possibly dietary cholesterol) caused the Crohn's attack (although I didn't eat anything different than I usually do). And supposedly oily fish is better for Crohn's. 

So I am getting small, oily fish at the Asian grocery stores, such as mackerel, saury, yellow croaker, and milkfish. I am broiling them so the skins are crispy and the flesh is flaky and succulent.

Some of them are already salted, so that will help me increase my salt intake. My blood pressure has been very low, so maybe increasing salt will help prevent blackouts.

I am also going to eat small meals, just 150g or less per meal.

Hopefully these changes will prevent another episode. I am fearful of it happening again.

I had an EKG, CT, and blood tests done and all is fine, so that is good.

My weight went up three pounds since switching to fish, but it is heading back down today. I think it was temporary weight gain from the salt, causing water retention.

##



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts