Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

About Me

About Me

As a child, and up until recently, I had gut issues. I remember trying to punch down my bloated gut when I was little! (That doesn't work, by the way). Over time, I discovered that some foods were better for me than others. I experimented with various diets (you name it, I tried it!), veganism, raw food, probiotics and prebiotics, FODMAP diet, bone broths, everything "they" tell you to do. Finally, after much research, trial and error, and detailed food journals, I have found that a simple meat and fat diet works best for me! Which makes sense, since it is what we evolved to eat in the Ice Age, when there wasn't much other food available:

During the Last Glacial Maximum, the mammoth steppe was the Earth’s most extensive biome. It had a cold, dry climate and the animal biomass was dominated by the bison, horse, and the woolly mammoth. This ecosystem covered wide areas of the northern part of the globe, thrived for approximately 100,000 years without major changes.

People ask, what do you eat? It's really simple. Just meat, marrow, and salt. That's it! I think for most people, that is really hard to wrap their heads around. Isn't it boring? No, it's incredibly delicious. Isn't it unhealthy? No, it's actually what our species evolved to eat in the Ice Age. Isn't it bad for the environment? No, pastured ruminants are better for long-term soil health than vegetable gardens.

Believe it or not, there were not piles of donuts, or bottles of olive oil, in the wilds of the Ice Age! Here, see for yourself:

So, what do you see to eat in this picture?






Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts