Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Bodyfat and BMI Over the Last 50 Years

I was re-watching the movie 2001 (made in 1968) the other day, and I noticed how slim everyone seemed, compared to people in movies today. I was curious, so I looked up what bodyfat and BMI changes had occurred over the last 50 years.

I found this website which has a graph showing female celebrities' BMI over the decades:
https://www.rehabs.com/explore/womens-body-image-and-bmi/
The article also explains how the average woman's BMI has increased greatly, however, the female celebrities' BMIs have stayed pretty much the same if not gotten even a little lower.

This website below details how bodyfat and weight has increased greatly for both males and females (including children) over the past 50 years:
https://www.webmd.com/g00/men/news/20041027/average-weight-for-americans-growing-heavier#1
"'On average, both men and women gained more than 24 pounds between the early 1960s and 2002,' says the CDC."

That's a lot of extra weight to be carrying around every day!

For me, with my calorie restriction, I try to find my "sweet spot," so to speak. Where I feel comfortably slim and my gut is perfectly flat, but I have enough calorie intake to maintain great mental acuity and good energy levels. It is a very delicate balance, it seems. I like being 14% bodyfat, that seems to work well for me, and around 17 BMI. Any less and I start to feel foggy and weak, but any more than that and I feel logey and heavy, exactly like I am carrying around extra pounds unnecessarily!

In other news, I am looking forward to moving closer to town, so I will be able to walk everywhere again! Hopefully within the next six weeks or so! I will be able to walk to work, and walk to meet the local ranchers from which I buy my meat, and to a health food market to buy fish, and to the library and museum too!

##





Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts