Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Blood Test Results

I reported the other day on the results from my cardiovascular scan, which keep improving every year on carnivore!

Yesterday I received my blood panel results, and again, they keep improving every year on carnivore! I ordered a complete blood count, cholesterol, glucose, insulin, A1C, hormone panel including DHEA, cortisol, and thyroid panel. All parameters were excellent, except LDL was high as it always is. I have familial hypercholesterolemia, so that is expected. A high LDL does not seem to have any effect on my arteries or heart, since those scans always show excellent scores.

I had been eating a little gourmet pork lately, from Mangalitsa and Ibericus pigs, and my triglycerides did raise about 10 points, but were still under 100. I have noticed before that poultry and pork raise my triglycerides. I believe that is because the omega 6 fatty acids are slightly inflammatory.

I am really happy with the results! I have had just great and continually improved health on the carnivore diet. It especially improved once I discovered that staying with just grassfed red meat (beef and lamb) and occasional wild-caught shellfish is best, and gave up dairy, eggs, pork, and poultry. Those items seem to increase my triglycerides and blood pressure.

I have also been maintaining around 14% bodyfat ratio, and 17 BMI. That feels really good too!

In other news, I should be able to move to my new house in a few weeks. That is going to be great because I will be able to walk to work again finally! I really enjoy that!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts