Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: More on Cooking Beef and Lamb Tendon

Oh goodness, I think I have finally mastered how to cook beef/lamb tendon!

So, first, I had to learn to fully submerge them in water while slow cooking overnight on Low.

Then, I had to learn to add flavor by placing other flavorful cuts of beef on top of them, to let the juices drip down. Fattier cuts, in which you score the fat, are best, since the tendon is 97% protein and very lean.

Then the final step to mastering them was braising! Before slow cooking them, I braised them first in some good leftover beef drippings. Then I followed with 12 hours in the slow cooker, submerged in water and covered with flavorful beef cuts with their fat scored.

Oh heavens!!!

It's absolutely wonderful. Sticky, scrumptious, and full of gelatin to improve one's skin and joints and connective tissue!

Previously, pigs feet were my favorite cut ever, because of that wonderful sticky, collagen-y deliciousness. But now tendon is! It's every bit as good and much better healthwise, since it has a much better omega 6 fatty acid profile.

Just don't spread the word. Tendons are hard to come by, and I don't want to share!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts