Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Feeding on Ruminant Meat and Sunshine

I watched an excellent lecture by Dr Paul Mason on the power of UVA/UVB. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvh4D_osFXs When exposed to UVA (and to a lesser degree, UVB), our bodies produce nitric oxide, which is a key to lower all-cause mortality! In fact, interestingly enough, he showed that people die more often in their hemisphere's winter, as opposed to the summer, whereas people who live at the equator tend to die at the same rate all year.

I feel like once again, just like with red meat, everything I ever heard is wrong! Although my mother knew better, and always encouraged me to get out in the sun, everyone else always told me to cover up, slather on chemical sunscreen, wear a hat, and so on. Dr Mason explained that is entirely the wrong approach. And it makes sense. For 160,000 years, homo sapiens spent a lot of time outside.

Also, it seems that sun-related skin damage is primarily caused by a diet too high in omega 6 fatty acids. This would include those nuts and seeds, vegetable/nut/seed oils that everyone tries to tell us are so "heart-healthy" (which they're not), as well as poultry, eggs, and pork.

When eating just ruminant animals, there is no worry about high omega 6 fatty acids. Sunbathing while eating ruminant meat is absolutely wonderful for overall health!

I followed up the lecture by reading about all of the amazing effects of nitric oxide, and it really is incredible. I am so convinced, that I think throughout the when it is too overcast or cold to sunbathe, I will get an unlimited pass to a tanning salon! There is one just a 10 minute walk from my new home location, and an unlimited monthly pass is just $30. Seems worth it to have great health all year!

##



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts