Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore:Dream of the Sheep Farm Becoming More Real?

I mentioned in my post yesterday how I have been dreaming for many, many years of having a self-sufficient homestead where I would raise sheep for meat (and wool). I feel like I want to start making this dream more real. I have been reading books and watching YouTube videos on raising sheep and lambs on strictly pasture, and how to do the slaughter and butchering.

Yesterday I contacted one of the local sheep farmers from whom I purchase whole lambs and sheep and asked about doing a weekend-long apprenticeship. They were open to the idea and maybe I will be able to set that up next month!

I found some nice property out in Texas which is affordable. And apparently, Texas is the number one state for sheep production in the USA! So that's great. This property is in an area with a lot of wild bighorn sheep, so I would think it is a good area to raise sheep strictly on pasture. So I asked for some vacation time next time to go out and see the land.

It's a pretty crazy idea, I know. And probably not going to happen really. And if it doesn't, that's OK! I am happy with being able to buy 100% grassfed beef and lamb from my local farmers with whom I have a great relationship!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts