Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Variety and Satiety

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how important flavor seems to be in satiety. But I also think texture is really important too. If something is really, wonderfully succulent, you will eat more of it than if it is dried out, or on the converse side, undercooked. That is interesting. But I guess because our body recognizes the better assimilation for the more succulent meat, it wants us to eat it while it is available?

I had mentioned how I miss the wonderful sticky, gelatinous wonderfulness of eating the skin on pigs' feet. But since pork is so high in omega 6 to 3 ratio, it is inflammatory. I wanted to find a healthier substitute that is still sticky and gelatinous.

So my mission yesterday was to shop for high collagen beef cuts! A friend took me out to one of my favorite local beef ranches and I picked up some beef osso bucco (crosscut shank with the marrow bone). I got another brisket while I was there. Then we went to the Asian grocery store and they had beef tendon! So I picked up a pack and cooked them overnight in an otherwise empty slow cooker, along with some of the osso bucco.

The tendons were wonderful! Just as sticky and gelatinous and wonderful as pigs feet, without the inflammatory omega 6s! My lower torso already is starting to look less bloated now that I've used up the last of the pork! So I'll definitely be getting the beef tendons again, although they were a bit expensive. Also next time when I slow cook them, I will put some water in. I think that will help soften the outside. I'm so excited! I wish the local grassfed ranchers could get the tendons, but they said their processors can't or won't do it.

The osso bucco came out wonderfully, although next time I might add water when I slow-cook it as well. The marrow fat was mind-blowing! It was so golden and incredible tasting! Like butter! I think when I mail order the beef marrow, they are lying when they say it is 100% grassfed and grass-finished. Because the two local ranchers' beef fat is soooo golden in comparison to the online vendors' white fat. The difference is obvious at first sight!

I listened to the latest CarnivoreCast and it was great. The guest, Tristan Haggard, mentioned some interesting conspiracy theories (with which I agree) about eugenics, conglomerates, climate change, and the vegan push. Very interesting! He also mentioned testosterone and red light, which I hadn't heard about before. That was also interesting. I think that many older men are resorting to pharmaceuticals when there are much more natural ways to get testosterone back to healthy levels.

My hormone levels were tested in my latest blood panels last week, and they were all very good. So that's great!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts