Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Pork and Inflammation; Spices

I really think that pork is inflammatory. For one, even the best pork has a high omega 6:3 fatty acid ratio. I have tried some gourmet Mangalitsa pork, some acorn-fed Ibericus pork, some heritage pasture-raised pork fed on 100% grassfed skim milk and whey, and truly wild boar as well. All of them seem to cause a temporary rise in my triglycerides, as well as causing me to retain some water and hence gain a pound or so.

So once I have finished the last of my pork today, I will not buy any more pork! Pork, poultry and eggs are just too inflammatory. Red meat is much healthier!

I am moving in a few weeks. and I wanted to use up all the freezer meat that I had. I was thinking that I might try and get through my case of canned lamb too to make the move a little lighter. The canned lamb has a few black peppercorns and a bay leaf in it, but I can remove them. After some cumulative servings, though, the spices do bother my gut a little, even after they are removed. I saw a CarnivoryCon lecture by George M. Diggs, PhD, on YouTube. He explained the toxins in plants. Those toxins are water soluble, so it makes sense that although I'm not eating them directly, the toxins can leach into the lamb meat and juices in the can. So I don't know, maybe I shouldn't eat it! Right now I am saving it for emergencies, since it is shelf stable for years.

I am looking forward to moving. I will be able to walk to work and to meet one of my favorite grassfed beef farmers that does deliveries to town! Also I will be able to walk to pick up the zero carb cat food that I have been having shipped. So that's great! It means taking on a little debt, which I am vehemently against, but I plan to pay it off within two years. So that's not too terrible. It will be a much better lifestyle to be able to walk to work!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts