Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Effects of Dairy, Continued

I've been surprised the last few days to find how low my blood glucose to blood ketone ratio has been! It's been under 1, which is excellent! I even had to go back to using dairy, which I thought affected my blood glucose. But apparently, clotted cream works just fine to keep my blood glucose levels down!

I should explain that I am using just cream and no other dairy. Also, I am further reducing that down to clotted cream, so it should no longer have any sugars in it. Also, this cream is from 100% grassfed A2 cows, so it should be more digestible than A1 dairy, and higher in nutrients and antioxidants than grain-fed dairy.

I checked my blood pressure yesterday, which I feel is a very easy and noninvasive gauge of inflammation. It was very low, just 93/70! Which is great, meaning that the dairy should not be causing any inflammation.

My gut which seemed to be aggravated by the dairy last week is feeling just fine now (knock on wood!). 

I have recently increased my fat intake and reduced my protein since I read that we should only have 1g protein per 1kg body weight per day. Protein can act just like carbs to create glucose in the body and cause aging, so it is important to keep protein intake low and fats high! My ratio is now 80% fat calories to just 20% protein. That has increased my ketone production and lowered my blood glucose levels, which is why my blood glucose to ketone ratio is so low now. Which is excellent! Very therapeutic, according to Dr Thomas Seyfried.

I have been maintaining the same weight and low bodyfat of 14-15% that I have for the past year.

I feel very good. Level-headed, perceptive, rational, calm, and collected. I am enjoying the beautiful sounds, sights, and smells of spring. I feel a general sense of contentment, confidence, and composure. I really enjoy being in ketosis!

Grassfed beef tongue with homemade clotted cream and smoked salt







Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts