Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Fats

I have been looking high and low for some external beef fat. Like beef marrow, it is extremely precious and hard to come by!

I might have found a source from a local farmer, so hopefully that is coming soon. However, it seems like a very precious commodity and not something I can count on getting, especially without special ordering weeks in advance. So that's not a good long-term solution for zero-carb fat.

I have been racking my brain for what other fats I could find. I can't tolerate plant or dairy fats, unfortunately. So that only leaves animal fats. Tallow (kidney fat) is extremely waxy and unpalatable, so that doesn't work either.

I really, really want to stay in ketosis if I can! I really enjoy the levelheadedness, bodyfat control, and feeling of satiety that the ketogenic diet brings!

I've come to the conclusion that the best route to remain in ketosis and get enough fats will be to focus on the keto cuts that I mentioned in previous posts:
http://zerocarbketo.blogspot.com/2017/01/keto-cuts.html
http://zerocarbketo.blogspot.com/2017/02/keto-cuts-ii-fish.html

These are cuts that naturally have a perfect ketogenic ratio and so don't need any additional fats! That will make life easier since finding palatable side fats is so darn difficult.

I've placed an order with one of my local farmers, so hopefully I can be back on track next week!

Grassfed oxtail with smoked salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts