Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Carnivore Diet: Hypothyroid Pt 3

In response to feeling that I might be slightly hypothyroid, I fasted during the day yesterday until 5:30pm, and just had a very small dinner, so a total of about 480 calories for the day. I was trying for a "hard reset" to my system. My glucose held steady all day and evening at 85mg/dl and I felt great. My weight is down a half pound this morning, so that is good news.

I did another iodine patch test yesterday, and it took much longer to fully absorb it than the previous day, so already that is improved, it seems. I will plan on picking up some clams, mussels, oysters, or scallops this weekend and eat them on a regular basis to make sure my iodine levels are good.

I will also plan on continuing to eat around 1100 calories now. That is what I had been eating prior to December, which is when my weight starting increasing and I restricted calories further.

My two whole lamb shares will be ready for pickup in about a week.

In the meantime I have been eating the 100% grassfed wagyu beef short ribs and chuck roast that I ordered. They were good, but not worth the extra cost in my opinion. That vendor also had lamb ribs, and those were excellent. But I can get grassfed lamb locally, so I won't need to order again from them.

I'll keep an eye on my weight and hopefully that will normalize back down just a little. If not, that's OK. 16% bodyfat and 17.7 BMI are still just fine for a 47 year old female.

In other news, my carnivore cat really went carnivore yesterday and killed a baby bunny inside my house by bringing it in through the cat door. I came home from work to carnage! Hopefully that doesn't keep happening. He's been eating Tiki brand zero carb cat food. His favorite ones are the wild salmon and the chicken with quail egg. So he is really well fed. I hope he will stop hunting and bringing things back in the house!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts