Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Carnivore Diet: Hypothyroid?

I think I might be hypothyroid. For over a month and a half now, I have gained weight despite high calorie restriction and higher exercise. My menses is late. I have a few other symptoms of hypothyroid such as dry skin, fatigue, low blood pressure, and depression. I did notice in my last blood panels back in May that the free T3 score was considered low. TSH was normal, so I didn't think anything of it. But low T3 also aligns with hypothyroid. And I have vitiligo and Crohn's disease, which are autoimmune disorders, and related.

I am going to take a home iodine sufficiency test using iodine extract on the skin. If it shows I am low, I will try to increase the iodine in my diet by eating more scallops, mussels, and clams, and perhaps use an iosol supplement.

I will try to get more sleep, because I often only get 5 or 6 hours of sleep.

I will increase my calorie intake. Apparently calorie restriction can cause hypothyroid.

I might look into HIIT, which is supposed to help. And for stress relief, I will continue infrared sauna.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts