Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Affordability

I wanted to talk some more about keeping foods affordable on zero carb keto. I know it can be tricky!

I think one thing to keep in mind is how good health saves money in the long run. For example, not having to take any medications or supplements, or have doctor visits, really saves quite a lot of money every month!

So for me, I am willing to spend a little extra to get really high quality meats. Good, fatty, 100% grassfed, locally raised red meats such as beef and lamb, and their organs for the extra nutrition!

However, if that is just too expensive, I know sometimes we have to make compromises. Personally, I think red meats, even if they are not 100% grassfed, are probably still more healthy than pork, poultry, and dairy.

I do think it is important to maintain ketosis too, for overall health and well-being. So I try to keep a higher fat intake, at the very least 60% fat calories and 40% protein calories. Too much protein functions much the same way as carbohydrates, whereas fats from red meats are a good, clean-burning fuel!

Here are some fatty beef cuts that you might be able to find at the supermarket, if you cannot get locally raised meats:
-rib roasts, back ribs, rib steak, short ribs, brisket, top loin, tri-tip, top sirloin, top round, bottom round

However, many of these are trimmed too much nowadays, so you will have to take a good look at them and make sure they are fatty.

Also, you may be able to specially request beef tongue, which is a good naturally fatty cut, and oxtail. And you could inquire about lamb!



Grassfed lamb roast



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts