Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Socializing

It is perfectly possible to maintain zero carb keto while socializing. Personally, I find it kind of weird that eating garbage-y junk food is considered normal, but eating healthy, quality meat is not!

Anyway, there are various ways to uphold a healthy zero carb ketogenic diet in a social environment. 

When going to parties or meetings, I will just bring my own food for myself and not eat any of the offered food. That way I do not have to explain anything in advance or worry that they do not understand when I say "no seasonings" that I really mean it! Or I will just eat prior to going. It is sometimes a good idea to bring your own water, because even the water offered might have lemons/limes etc., flavorings, etc.

Eating out at restaurants is trickier and much more risky, I have found. Even when ordering just a plain beef burger with no bun, or a plain steak, you cannot be sure that seasonings or marinades were not added. They often are. I have found it is just easier to not go out to eat, because inevitably there will be some kind of seasoning, marinade, rub, etc. in the meat. Plus, the costs are always very high considering what the same cut costs at home! 

If traveling and I will not have access to a cooler, I make some beefheart jerky. That is shelf stable and I can just keep it in my personal bag so I have easy access to it. It is clean and not messy at all, requires no cutlery, so it is really good travel food. It is calorie and nutrient dense. Plus, when I make it, I leave the attached fat on the slices, so there is some built-in fat as well!

I feel it is worthwhile to maintain zero carb keto even when faced with socializing. For me, the wonderful feeling of level-headedness while in ketosis, the freedom from inflammation, and having a perfectly smooth digestion are worth the extra preparation!



Grassfed lamb roast


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts