Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Maintaining Health with Aging

It seems that most people gain bodyfat and have increased pain with age. In fact, it seems almost a given. However, I do not think that has to be the case.

I think that by eating the way that nature intended, we should not gain bodyfat or have increased pain as we age.

I believe that a restricted calorie (or intermittent fasting), zero carb (or very low carb) ketogenic diet is a very natural diet for homo sapiens.

Knock on wood, it has been working to keep my bodyfat down to 15% (which is "Athlete" range for my age). 

The only exercise I have been doing is 30 minutes of ballet barre in the morning, and some urban hiking when the weather is good. I really do not think exercise has much to do with bodyfat maintenance unless one is doing hours and hours per day. However, I do think it is still important to stay active to keep the heart strong and for muscle retention.

Calorie intake is probably the main factor in maintaining a low bodyfat. I am sure it is possible to maintain a low bodyfat as we age with even a higher carb diet, but it would be quite a bit harder. Eating carbs causes insulin spikes and crashes, and hunger. Whereas on a ketogenic diet, it is easy to restrict calories and or do intermittent fasting without hunger! Also, many carbohydrate foods can cause inflammation, which creates pain and disease.

I think that maintaining a low bodyfat is an important part of health. That in combination with a diet that prevents inflammation should help keep us fit, healthy, and pain-free as we age, which in turn allows us to stay active as well!




Homemade salted beefheart jerky 







Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts