Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Keeping Costs Down Part II

I have been crunching numbers some more and had another plan for keeping my costs down while staying zero carb keto!

Yesterday I had mentioned buying direct from a farmer saves in cost, and various cuts that are cheaper. I also brought up that for lean cuts, I could use just half as much meat per day and add coconut cream as an added fat on the side (which is cheaper than marrow bones, which I really prefer).

I realized that for the fatty cuts, I can still do the same amount of meat per day (not half), since then I will get enough protein and fat within the meat itself. So I only need to resort to the coconut cream and half servings of meat if the meat is lean.

That is a relief! I much prefer just eating fatty cuts! And so far, I have been pretty lucky in sourcing beef brisket, short ribs, tongue, and whole lamb shares! I was even able to get some wonderful beef sweetbreads this week! What a treat!


Grassfed beef sweetbreads with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts