Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: CIMT/Trivascular scan, No Worries About LDL, Book

I had my CIMT/trivascular scan yesterday morning. That is a non-invasive ultrasound that checks for buildup in the carotid, aortic, and femoral arteries. They ask that you fast for 12 hours in preparation so they can see your aortic artery better. I actually fasted 18 hours. Ketosis is great for fasting without hunger!

The technician takes blood pressure on the arms and legs, to check if there are any potential clots. Then they use the ultrasound wand to check the carotid arteries of the neck, the aortic artery in the torso, and the femoral arteries in the ankle/feet.

The whole process really does not take long, maybe 15-20 minutes. For me, the cost was out-of-pocket, but just $79. Well worth it for peace of mind, in my opinion!

My results were excellent. In fact, they said I really did not need to come in, and probably not worry about it again for another five to ten years.

The technician was really surprised that I came in this year actually, since my results were so good last year. I explained that I just wanted to be on the safe side, since my LDL is off the charts. But the results of this scan, along with all of my other health parameters and my perfect score on my heart CT scan, lead me to think that LDL does not matter at all!

To think that three years ago, had I listened to my doctor at the time, I would have been taking statins this whole time, eating a super low fat, high carbohydrate diet, and would be in constant gut pain, fat, sick, irritable, and probably prediabetic! And that is why I no longer go to the doctor!

Instead, I no longer use any medications or supplements at all. In fact, in preparation for the new year, I cleaned out my kitchen cabinets of all the many, many old expired bottles of vitamins, supplements, probiotics, Pepto-Bismol, ibuprofen, etc. from the bad old days before zero carb keto!

P.S. In other news, I have finished my little Zero Carb Keto "cookbook", and it is available through a link at the top of the page, or here: http://www.blurb.com/b/8423697-zero-carb-keto. I am not making any profit at all on the book to try and keep costs lower for interested readers! :)


Grassfed lamb roast with sea salt






Comments

  1. Mellie, you are truly inspirational! I have learned so much from your blog. It is so interesting how wrong modern medicine can be at times. I am very excited about the cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! You have inspired me too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts