Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Some Effects

There are many effects that I have noticed from following a restricted calorie, zero carb ketogenic diet for over a year and a half, almost two years now.

One major effect has been losing extra bodyfat. For this last year and a half now, I am maintaining 14-15% bodyfat, which is considered "Athlete" range for a female of my age. And that is without too much exercise, either, just thirty minutes of ballet barre exercise daily!

Another effect has been a smoothing out of my energy levels. I used to have spikes and crashes, up and down all day before and after eating. Now I have continuous energy all day, morning and evening.

There has been a similar effect on my moods. When previously I would get upset by things, I feel much more calm now in the face of those problems. 

My menstrual cycles have no pain anymore (knock on wood!). That is an amazing change for me. My menstrual pain used to be quite debilitating!

My digestion is wonderfully sound now (knock on wood!). My entire life previously was pretty much daily gut pain, bloating, discomfort, and digestive problems. Zero carb keto has really been a life-changer in that aspect!

There is no hunger. That is a life-changer too! No need for snacking, no need to constantly think about food. And no carb cravings! It is really amazing!

My health parameters such as blood pressure, glucose, insulin, heart scan, cardiovascular scan, and various blood tests, have all greatly improved! The only "negative" being a high LDL, but since it is the large, bouyant type, and my cardio scans have all been perfect scores, and all of my other health parameters are in the "athlete" range, I am not concerned. 

It seems also that my senses have become heightened! I am much more sensitive now to smells, tastes, the feeling of fabrics and toiletries, light levels, noise. It is very interesting!




Grassfed beef brisket with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts