Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Calorie Restriction Without Hunger

Everyday I read through a pull of articles relating to calorie restriction. Most of them relate to research studies showing the benefits to health and longevity from calorie restriction, which are reasons that I follow it too!

But some of the articles are from people who advocate against calorie restriction based on the idea that one will be constantly hungry.

However, I practice 25% calorie restriction, and I actually am not hungry! I think the crucial factor is staying in ketosis. While in ketosis, I don't have the carb spikes and crashes that cause hunger. Ketone production keeps my glucose levels constant all day. So really, it's no problem at all to practice 25% calorie restriction!

I guess people just have no experience with the consistent glucose levels of ketosis, so they can't understand how one could eat less without hunger! However, that's what early homo sapiens did for a hundred thousand years!

I wanted to mention too how well the lamb is working for me. It's nice to not really need any additional fat on the side. It makes for very easy cooking and meal planning!

Grassfed lamb steak with sea salt

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts