Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

Yesterday was an amazing day! I had a hyperbaric oxygen treatment! I have never had one before. I have read quite a good deal about it, and how it is being used as a adjuvant therapy for treatment of many diseases.

I wanted to give it a try for treatment of my colitis and vitiligo, although my colitis is resolved (knock on wood) with a zero carb diet.

It was a really amazing experience! The hyperbaric chamber is like a little one-person submarine. They close you up in there and you can relax, read, whatever. You wear an oxygen mask, and they lower the pressure very gradually. You have to keep releasing pressure on your ears. In my case, I believe they took me to the equivalent of 5 atmospheres, or 170 feet down in water. The lower pressure combined with the oxygen allows the oxygen to permeate all through your body.

It was an hour long, with probably about 20 minutes each way of lowering and then increasing the pressure.

I really can't describe how incredible I felt the whole rest of the day! The world seemed brighter! The colors more vivid! The scents more wonderful! The only drawback was that I had to keep releasing pressure from my ears quite a bit the rest of the day. But the benefits were really, really incredible!

I felt like a new person!

I would like to do a few more sessions. From my research, it sounds like possibly 3-5 sessions might be enough for my vitiligo and colitis, especially since the colitis has been no problem for over a year now. So three sessions might be enough.

I also did two good nature walks and a great sweat-producing Dead Sea salt bath in the evening, since they mentioned that detoxing afterward was important.

Really amazing!

Grassfed lamb roast with smoked salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts