Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

More than Meat

This morning I will be taking some blood tests to check for inflammation. I just want to make sure that I am on the right track to heal my colitis and vitiligo, and both are related to autoimmunity and inflammation. I will have blood tests for ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein).

Then afterwards I am going to try a session of hyperbaric oxygen therapy! I'm doing this to simulate Dead Sea therapy, which has a very high success rate for vitiligo. I can't afford to go to Jordan! So I'm simulating it with Dead Sea salts for the bath, narrowband UVB light therapy, and this hyperbaric oxygen session!

I'll let you know how it goes! I feel like my colitis is cured (knock on wood) as long as I stick with zero carb keto. I don't have any gut issues at all and my digestion is easy and healthy. But I still have a little bit of vitiligo patches here and there, which I would like to get totally repigmented. So that's why I want to try these other therapies in conjunction with the zero carb keto!

Also, an update on what I am eating lately. I am almost out of my whole lamb share. I've just got a few days' worth left! It lasted about five weeks, a little less than I was hoping, but it is still a good value compared to other meat, so I will get another! In the meantime, I will be picking up a few fatty beef cuts from my local farmer, such as beef tongue, ground beef and chuck roast.

Also getting back to the other therapies for vitiligo, I read some books on automimmunity and I am going to try some of the additional suggestions that they gave. For one, not using any plastics to store foods. I am going to try using just ceramic plates and bowls for storing my foods. I will avoid bottled water that comes in plastic.

Also, I am avoiding phenols, which are tied to vitiligo. Phenols are present in many toiletries, and is in certain essential oils too. It is in many plant foods, but since I already avoid those, that helps! But I did have to toss some toiletries that had clove oil and other phenols in them. I need to figure out something to replace henna in my hair as well, since it is high in naturally occurring phenols.

One last thing suggested was to avoid chronic stress. Eustress (good stress) is one thing, and that is fine, since it comes and goes. But chronic stress that does not ever abate is not healthy, the authors suggest. So I will see what I can do about making my overall chronic stress level lower. I think spending more time outside, working less and enjoying life more will be a good start!

Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts