Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

What is Normal?

I have been thinking lately about what exactly is "normal"? People seem to think that eating completely processed foods like flours, oils, sugars, etc. is "normal", and that eating just plain meat with natural unprocessed salt is somehow "abnormal"! But really, when it comes down to it, meat is basically the most "normal" food you could eat! It's what homo sapiens has eaten since the inception of species, and through the ice ages where there was nothing else to eat. (There were not jars of coconut oil or shots of wheatgrass juice in the ice age steppe-tundra.)

Interestingly, too, meat is the one food that can provide all necessary nutrients without supplementation needed!

Also, since the 1970's or so, when western culture started preaching erroneously that dietary fat is bad, we have said it is "unhealthy" to eat fatty meat. So again, what was "normal" for 180,000 years, is now considered unhealthy somehow?

I don't quite understand it. I don't feel like eating a zero carb ketogenic diet is really abnormal at all. Especially since my health parameters like blood glucose, blood pressure, complete blood count, CRP, thryoid, homocysteine, A1C, HDL, Lp(a), insulin resistance marker, heart scan, tri-vascular scan, low bodyfat percentage, digestive health, and so on, are all very good. I feel and look well, have visible musculature, and take no medications or supplements at all. (I can only count on one hand how many other people I know that don't take any pills or supplements!)

"Normal" people have gas, bloated guts, flatulence, are overweight or high bodyfat, and take so long for a bowel movement that they have reading material in the bathroom! But society makes me feel like I am the one that is "abnormal."

It's frustrating, and can make it difficult to socialize. So much of what people do today revolves around eating! And it's never simple fatty meat, either! And don't even get me started on how ridiculous it is that most people won't even try organ meats at all, which are the most important meats of all! So anyway, I can feel like a real social outcast. Oh well!

I don't know what the answer is, but I feel like the answer is out there! In the meantime, I'll just keep on being my own "normal"!


Grassfed beef sweetbreads with sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts