Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Carnivore Diet: More Hypothyroid Ideas

I've been thinking more about ways to address my apparent hypothyroidism. One major annoyance of it is inexplicable weight gain. I was so happy with being 14% bodyfat, and now I am 17% and I hate it.

I was trying to just make peace with being higher bodyfat but I just can't. I hate it. It's frustrating too, because it is going up a half pound every day no matter if I restrict calories or not!

I have been doing a lot of research to try and solve this. First I thought I just need to eat a little more animal source carbs and iodine and no longer practice calorie restriction. But my weight is still going up every day. So that's obviously not working.

My theory today is that I went too low-fat. I have been eating low fat, high protein because my gut was not dealing with the high fat very well. I was having intestinal cramping and diarrhea. Not good!
So I went high protein, low fat and felt much better. But now I am packing on bodyfat like crazy. That is no good either!

I think I need to try something else. High fat again, but maybe a different kind of fat? I seem to have been having the cramping and diarrhea from eating visible intermuscular fat. Maybe there's a different kind of fat I can try.

I have tried tallow but that bothered my gut in a different way. Same with coconut cream and dairy fat, created a feeling of constipation and sluggish digestion. Oils also do that to me.

So intramuscular fat seems to be the only answer? I had found a source for 100% grassfed wagyu. Maybe I need more of that? Of course, I just bought two whole lamb shares and my freezer is packed! But my health is very important to me. Maybe I do just need to go with the wagyu for the intramuscular fat.

I will try to find out about the iodine content of the grassfed wagyu. I found out that the iodine content of the lamb I bought is probably too low, because they aren't supplemented with it. That could be another part of the equation as well. 

To address the iodine for now, I have been eating shellfish. That should help with copper too, which is good for repigmentation of vitiligo. And liver, which I enjoy, is also high in copper.

Another theory I had on the weight gain is that it is because I started eating at lunchtime. Prior, I had been fasting from 8am to 5:45pm, and from 6pm till 4am. So very small windows of eating. Maybe that helps as well?

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts