Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: High Fat for Hypothyroid

I think returning to high fat has turned things around for my recent hypothyroid problem! Lesson learned there. High protein is a bad idea! High fat is what I need!

My menses has returned after skipping a month, and is more normal. The first few days it was very very light and I had uterine cramping, which I have never had as a carnivore. But as I got a few more days back into high fat, the cramps are now gone and flow is normal again.

My body temperature is closer to normal at 97.0. Carnivores run a little low so I think that's pretty expected. My weight is going back down and my skin isn't dry anymore. I feel good again!

So lesson learned: high fat is needed for carnivore. For me, intramuscular fat. I'm using pork belly and chicharrones for now, and I have 100% grassfed wagyu beef on the way. I ordered some Mangalitsa pork lard so I can use that to make rillettes with the two whole lamb shares in my freezer. Otherwise, the lamb meat is just too lean. It does have some intermuscular fat on it, but that seems to bother my gut.

I am eating to satiety and mindfully, savoring every bite. I am working on keeping all toxins out of my life, and doing regular infrared sauna and hiking for stress relief. I am working on a less stressful life in general and a feeling of family and meaningfulness.

This morning I have my health incentive screening at work. They check weight, height, blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol and triglycerides. I expect all that to be good except high LDL, because I have FH (familial hypercholesterolemia). I'll report back with my results!

Edited to add: my results were very good and as expected. Just over underweight status, so that is good. Triglycerides, fasting glucose, HDL, blood pressure all good. LDL unmeasurable, as I expected. With FH, the LDL is always very high. But I am comfortable with that because I get cardiovascular scans every year and my results are very good.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts