Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Healing from Autoimmune Thyroiditis

I've been working hard to heal myself from autoimmune thyroiditis. Some things I am doing:

1) returning to high fat (60/40) instead of the temporarily high protein (40/60) carnivore diet I had been following for a while. That alone could be the major factor, since that coincided with my dry skin, weight gain, and skipped menses. Upon a few days of high fat, my menses has returned! But the type of fat seems to be crucial for my gut health. Dairy and intermuscular fat doesn't work for me. Intramuscular fat does work. I have Wagyu steaks on the way, and I have been eating pork belly and chicharrones for now, even though pork isn't ideal.

2) avoiding toxins and chemicals. I had already been really avoiding most toxins, but I realized I wear some clothes which have been dry cleaned. So I have hand washed them with gentle cleanser. I have switched my body soap bar to a nice nourishing local one with goat milk. I also switched from henna to ochre for my hair to avoid phenol.

3) working on lowering stress. I am doing regular infrared sauna and sunbathing. Have some lifestyle plans in mind too for the near future. Already my life is pretty low stress compared to most, but I think I am especially sensitive to it. So I have some plans for change.

4) eating mindfully. I am eating slowly and being grateful for every fatty bite!

5) feeling of family. I am working on developing a feeling of family and being mindful of having a good support system.

I think the menses returning is a good sign. And my temperature was up a little closer to normal this morning too!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts