Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Back on Track from Hypothyroid

Knock on wood, I think getting back to high fat, in addition to removing pork and dairy, and taking up ballet barre exercise to stoke up my metabolism, has got me back on track from hypothyroidism.

On high protein, I just kept gaining and gaining weight, despite extreme calorie restriction. My menses was affected as well. But since changing back to high fat red meat, along with calorie restriction and exercise, my weight has been going down a pound a day! So that is great. And my menses seems back to normal.

High fat red meat is so important!

I did some air travel recently and brought along pemmican. That worked well. I ran out though, and had to resort to dairy and pork, which was a bad idea. I eventually found a grocery store and had the means to cook up some ground beef into meatballs in my hotel microwave. Much better! Lesson learned there! Next time I will pack more pemmican.

I love the wagyu steaks that I ordered, but they are unfortunately just too expensive to have on a regular basis. I think I will have to go back to my freezer lamb. I could pick up more marrow bones for fat if the lamb is too lean.

It can be really hard to find fatty enough meat with intramuscular fat rather than seam fat! Wagyu is perfect for that. Here is an interesting chart showing the US grades of beef compared to Australian compared to Wagyu. The lowest grade of Wagyu starts above the highest Australian grade! And the mid-range Australian grade is still higher than the highest American grade. So you can see how hard it is to get good marbled meat in the US!

https://wagyuinternational.com/images/CHT_BMS_AUSMEAT_IMF.jpg

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts