Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Carnivore Diet: Piscivore Diet, Best Choices

I have really been enjoying the piscivore diet lately. I feel like I have probably turned around my hypothyroid. My weight is slowly going back down to normal, my menses seems to be normalizing, and and my skin is no longer dry. And unlike the high-fat diet, my digestion is doing really well on piscivore too, knock on wood.

I mostly have been purchasing my seafood at the local Asian grocery store. They have a very wide selection and it is affordable compared to the regular grocery stores.

I have been trying to focus on smaller crustaceans and mollusks. They are very low in mercury. Also I read that mollusks in particular can either be farmed or wild-caught and still be healthy, because farmed ones don't need to be fed anything. They just pull in minerals from the water. Also mollusks are a very sustainable food. They actually filter/cleanse the water. And they are very tasty and extremely nutrient-dense as well.

I also like cephalopods such as squid and cuttlefish. All of these seem to be good choices in terms of mercury and toxins as well as sustainability.

I found this site which discusses the environmental sustainability of various seafood species:
http://goodfishbadfish.com.au/?fish=scallop

I want to make sure that the foods I am eating are very healthy, nutrient dense, and also environmentally sustainable.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts