Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Lamb, Small Slow Cooker, Hypothyroid Update

I am really enjoying my little 1.5 quart slow cooker. It has allowed me to eat meals freshly cooked, rather than reheated. So much better, and more succulent!

I am mostly eating locally raised grassfed lamb, either in small roasts/steaks or cubes. The only problem with the mini slow cooker is that small portions that are already cut up (I.e. cubed, ground) will burn when cooked overnight. They cook in just 4-5 hours.

I am also eating some fresh quail eggs and some chicken thighs, even though poultry isn't that healthy because of the omega 6 fatty acids. But I really crave the variety, so for now I am enjoying it.

I will be getting two whole lambs next month.

In other news, I have been washing my hair with diluted vinegar for a week now using a spritzer, and knock on wood, it is working great!

Also, I think maybe I have turned around on the hypothyroidism, knock on wood. My weight seems to have normalized and I am able to eat my regular calories intake again. Also my menses and temperature seemed to have normalized. I think I was just eating too lean. I'm not eating super high fat now, just around 50/50 fat/protein, but that is still more fat than I was eating. So hopefully this is the answer.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts