Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Pescetarian

I am back to doing the high-protein carnivore diet instead of high-fat. That just works better for me in terms of my Crohn's disease. My gut just doesn't handle high fat very well.

My metabolism is still trying to normalize the difference. I had been dealing with some slight weight gain. But it went down this morning so that's good. My bodyfat is back down to 14% so that's great.I have been severely restricting calories and doing a lot of exercise.

I decided to go with pescetarianism again. I really love seafood and always have. So I went to the Asian grocery store which has the best selection of seafood in town. I purchased a lot of low-mercury items. I got squid, cuttlefish, mussels, prawns, and a mix. I also picked up a can of quail eggs. They have fresh quail eggs too. I haven't been eating a lot of chicken eggs because they stopped agreeing with me. But I am doing okay (knock on wood) with these quail eggs. They are a nice snack. And since they are already boiled and peeled that makes it easy.

I'm really enjoying the variety. And I like how I'm feeling. The nice thing about seafood is that it has a little tiny bit of natural carbs in it. And I think maybe that's helpful for me. It is also extremely high in nutrients.

I even ventured to a squeeze of fresh lime juice on my seafood. It was good and So far my gut is ok!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts